- 1 cup brown lentils
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the lentils and reduce to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, or just until tender. Drain well and cool.
- Dressing: whisk together the lemon juice, oil , peel, paprika, salt, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Mix the rice, carrots, celery, tomatoes, onion, parsley and cooled lentils in a large bowl.
- Stir in dressing.
Ohio Studio: 5412 N Nissen Rd, Martin, OH 43445 ~ Detroit Studio: 425 Eureka Rd, Wyandotte, MI 48192
ph: 419-343-1031 ~ ph: 313-989-4063
4 (6 oz each) salmon filets
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Pat salmon dry, then season with salt, pepper. Set aside. Adjust oven rack to middle position, then preheat broiler.
- Add butter and oil to a large, oven-safe skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Once butter is melted, add garlic, water, soy sauce, honey and lemon juice and cook 30 seconds or so, until sauce is heated through.
- Add salmon, skin side down (if using salmon with skin), and cook 3 minutes. While salmon cooks, baste frequently with sauce from the pan by spooning it over the top of the salmon.
- Broil salmon for 5-6 minutes, basting with sauce once during the broil, until salmon is caramelized and cooked to desired doneness.
- Garnish with minced parsley if desired
Photographer: Rick Osentoski ~ Food Stylist: Michele Zoda-Osentoski