4 (6 oz each) salmon filets
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Pat salmon dry, then season with salt, pepper. Set aside. Adjust oven rack to middle position, then preheat broiler.
- Add butter and oil to a large, oven-safe skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Once butter is melted, add garlic, water, soy sauce, honey and lemon juice and cook 30 seconds or so, until sauce is heated through.
- Add salmon, skin side down (if using salmon with skin), and cook 3 minutes. While salmon cooks, baste frequently with sauce from the pan by spooning it over the top of the salmon.
- Broil salmon for 5-6 minutes, basting with sauce once during the broil, until salmon is caramelized and cooked to desired doneness.
- Garnish with minced parsley if desired
Photographer: Rick Osentoski ~ Food Stylist: Michele Zoda-Osentoski