- 1 cup brown lentils
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the lentils and reduce to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, or just until tender. Drain well and cool.
- Dressing: whisk together the lemon juice, oil , peel, paprika, salt, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Mix the rice, carrots, celery, tomatoes, onion, parsley and cooled lentils in a large bowl.
- Stir in dressing.
Ohio Studio: 5412 N Nissen Rd, Martin, OH 43445 ~ Detroit Studio: 425 Eureka Rd, Wyandotte, MI 48192
ph: 419-343-1031 ~ ph: 313-989-4063